Oct 3, 2006

Rava Idly

Recipe adapted from a tv show
Ingredients:Oil-1tbsp,Black gram(urad) dal-1tsp,Mustard:1/2tsp, Green chillies-3nos,Cashew nuts6nos, Curry leaves-1spring, Sooji(rava)-1cup, Curd-2cup approximately,Salt to taste.


Method:Heat a kadai and add oil.Temper with mustard, black gram dal, cashew nuts, curry leaves and green chillies and sautetill it turns golden brown.Add rava and saute.Cool for sometime, (can store in air tight container at this stage) add curd and salt and soak for 15 minutes.Pour into idli plate and steam for 10 minutes.Serve hot with coconut chutney.

3 comments:

FH said...

YUMMO!! I love rava idlies, no matter how many times I see in blogs,still mouthwatering!! Thanks and welcome back!!

Prema Sundar said...

Hi ,
I love Rava idlies but haven't tried it .. I always buy MTR rava idli mix which works out pretty well. I wanted to try it out for myself for a long time and now I have found one.. I have bookmarked ur recipe which looks good to me.Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

HELLO RADHIKA, GREAT! GREAT! AND GREAT! i wonder, you people spent lots of time creating your own blog and so many splendid recipes which serves thousands of people cook their best.

MY HATS OFF!