Aug 18, 2006

Knolkol/Kohlrabi/Shalgam Fry

This is my mom’s recipe, one of my favorite vegetarian dishes.

Kohlrabi-2 chopped into small pieces
Grated coconut-2tsp
Pepper-4nos
Green chilli-3or4
Ginger Garlic paste-1tsp
Cinnamon-small piece
Cardamom-1
Cloves-2
Onions chopped-1/4cup
Turmeric powder-1/4tsp
Curry leaves-4
Salt to taste
Oil-2tbsp

Method: Grind together coconut, green chilli, &pepper to a fine paste. Set aside.
Heat oil in a pan, put curry leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves once they splutter add onions & fry them for about 5mts.
Then add ginger garlic paste sauté for 1mt, add ground paste, turmeric powder, and salt & fry well.
Then add the chopped kohlrabi, little water, mix well, cover & cook till the vegetable is fully cooked.
Once the kohlrabi is tender fry well till all the water is evaporated.

8 comments:

Ashwini said...

Hey Radhika welcome to blog world! Came here through Indira's site...you already have some great recipes posted.

mandira said...

Hi Radhika - the shalgam fry is a great recipe. I usually make it with red kidney beans, but now I have a new recipe. Thanks for sharing.

shammi said...

I bought turnips and rutabaga (or swede, as they're known in the UK) yesterday - I'm going to try out your recipe tonight. It sounds yummy!

Suganya said...

I was looking for ways to cook kohlrabi.. Nice recipe. Thx

Padmaja said...

Looks delicious..:)..Just started making it..already smells..great..:) thanks for your recipe...

Abilashini Sapthanaa said...

thanks for this recipe
I have posted this recipe in my site after trying it out today ....... Thanks .. awesome one!!!1

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Sildenafil Citrate said...

to be honest with you, I have never tried Knolkol/Kohlrabi/Shalgam ever! actually this is the first time I see it and I wonder that its taste is like, I think I have to get some and make this recipe.