My entries for Santhi’s JFI-Flour andRevathi’s FMR-Comfort Foods
Plain rice flour-3cups
Roasted gram flour-1/2cup
(pottu kadalae/Puttanalu pappu grinded into fine powder)
Fresh white butter-11/2tbsp
Oil for deep-frying
Method: 1) Mix rice flour, roasted gram flour together & sieve.
2) Mix salt butter to the flour & mix well.
3) Divide the flour into 2or 3 parts equally.
4) Sprinkle water to one part & prepare thick dough.
5) Using a single star disc in a greased murukku maker squeeze murukkus directly in hot oil.
6) Fry till golden in color & crisp. Remove from oil, drain excess oil.
Store in air-tight container.
Note: Murukkus retain its color only when it is mixed with water just before frying. If all the dough is mixed at a time, Murukkus of later portions of dough will become red when it is fried.